✓ Bruising at the treatment site may occur.
✓ Temporary, minimal to moderate swelling may be expected related to the area/s treated and the product/s used.
✓ It may be normal to experience some tenderness at the treatment site that can last for a few hours or, at times, a couple of days.
✓ It may be normal to feel ”firmness” in your treated area/s for the first few days after treatment. Over time, the area/s will soften and “settle”.
✓ Apply cool compresses to the area/s treated (avoiding pressure).
✓ You may begin wearing makeup once you have adequately cooled/iced the area/s, and any pinpoint bleeding from the injection site/s has subsided.
✓ DO NOT RUB OR MASSAGE the treated area/s today. When cleansing your face or applying make-up, use gentle, sweeping motions to avoid excessive mobility of the area/s.
✓ AVOID strenuous exercise or activity for the remainder of the treatment day. You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
✓ You may take acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort. Avoid aspirin or ibuprofen products, vitamin E and fish oil, as they may increase your potential to bruise.
✓ AVOID drinking alcohol for a minimum of 12 hours as this may contribute to bruising.
✓ AVOID extended UV exposure until any redness has subsided. Apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen to the treated area/s.
✓ Wait a minimum of 6 weeks before receiving any laser treatments and 1 week before skincare treatments.
BOTOX, DYSPORT OR XEOMIN NEUROTOXIN
✓ Do not lie down for 4 hours following your treatment.
✓ Avoid any massage or pressure to treatment area/s, as this may alter the placement of the drug. If you would like to reapply makeup, do so gently over the treatment area/s. Do not wear a hat or visor for 4 hours post treatment, if the forehead was treated.
✓ Refrain from heavy exercise for 24 hours. Contract and release the treated muscles every few minutes over the next hour.
Click on the button below to send us an email
Preparing for your Laser Hair Removal Treatment
✓ We ask that you are freshly showered or bathed with completely clean skin, without lotions, oils, creams or fragrances of any kind before coming in.
✓ The treatment area should be shaved completely prior to treatment. Legs should be shaved no sooner than 24 hours prior to your appointment to avoid irritation.
✓ Do not wax, tweeze, epilate or use chemical depilatories between laser treatments. Since the laser targets the root of the hair, it must be present for the treatment to be effective. Shaving is the only form of hair removal recommended during the course of your treatments. A charge of $75 or more will be added if the laser tech shaves the treatment area.
✓ AVOID sun exposure, including tanning beds, self-tanning lotions/creams/sprays for at least two weeks before and after the course of the treatment
✓ A broad-spectrum sunblock (UVA/UVB) with an SPF of 30 or greater should be applied to the treatment area before any sun exposure. Do not use any topical products that cause photosensitivity (e.g. hydroxy acids, salicylic acid, retinols, and benzoyl peroxide) in the treatment areas for three days before treatment. Use a gentle cleanser and lotion on treated areas. ✓ Follow instructions regarding all oral prescription medications that we provided at your medical laser consultation. If you are taking any new or different medications, including antibiotics, contact our office prior to your appointment.
✓ Do not have BOTOX® injections, dermal filler injections, chemical peels or microdermabrasion in the treatment area for at least 14 days before laser hair removal.
Expectations Following Treatment
Immediately following treatment, the area may show a slight erythema with some swelling. Blistering may occur.
Post treatment Guidelines for Patients
✓ Wash the treatment area gently with soap and water. Do not soak. Gently pat the area to dry. ✓ Do not shave the treated area if blistering or crusting is evident.
✓ During the healing phase, the area must be treated delicately. Do not rub, scratch, or pick. If a crust develops, let it fall off on its own.
✓ Following treatment, apply an aloe-based gel or equivalent to soothe and moisturize the skin. ✓ Avoid sun exposure throughout the course of treatment and use a broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sun block SPF 30 or greater when the treatment area is exposed to the sun.
✓ If swelling occurs, apply ice. Wrap the ice in a soft cloth. Discomfort or stinging may be relieved with acetaminophen.
✓ Delayed blistering secondary to sun exposure has been noted up to 72 hours posttreatment. ✓ Do not use tanning beds.
✓ Normal skin care regimens i.e., makeup, moisturizers, deodorant, and shaving may be resumed the day after treatment if there is no redness, blistering, or crusting present.
✓ Avoid sports and/or strenuous exercises for 2 to 3 days following treatment for hair removal. ✓ In case of signs of infection (pus, tenderness, fever), contact the office immediately.
✓ The treated hairs will exfoliate or push out in approximately 2 to 4 weeks.
✓Post treatment skin care instructions must be followed to prevent any complications. Please contact the office at 407-395-9235 with questions or concerns regarding your treatment.
7 DAYS BEFORE Treatment:
• Avoid chemical peels, waxing, electrolysis, Laser treatments, or threading
• Discontinue blood thinning agents such as vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginkgo biloba, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil, and Essential Fatty Acids, and multivitamins, a minimum of 7 days (preferably 14 days) prior to treatment. It is fine to continue iron and vitamin D.
• If you are taking any blood thinners, please let your provider know immediately, as they may represent a contraindication to this treatment. These medications include Plavix, Coumadin and Heparin.
• Avoid aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren and other anti-inflammatory medications. We want inflammation to occur – as this is one mechanism by which PRP works.
• You may use Tylenol (acetaminophen) as needed prior to the treatment.
• Prescription medications (including heart and blood pressure medication) should be taken as prescribed right up to, and including, the day of and the day after your treatments.
• Avoid excessive exposure to sun or heat. 3 DAYS BEFORE Treatment and 3 DAYS AFTER Treatment: • Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Salicylic Acid, or other “anti-aging”, “acne”, and “bleaching” products. Also AVOID waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
• Avoid excessive sun exposure and wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily of SPF 30 or higher.
Day of Treatment:
• Please arrive at the office with a “clean face”. Do not wear makeup. No lotions, makeup or other topical products should be applied on the day of the procedure.
• If the area to be treated requires shaving due to hair involvement, please shave the area the evening prior to your visit, to avoid any trauma or rash from shaving.
• A topical anesthetic cream will be applied for about 25 minutes prior to your procedure.
Immediately Following Treatment:
• You may expect a certain degree of discomfort, redness, and/or irritation during and after treatment.
• You may have a bruise at the blood draw site.
• You will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. This typically diminishes within the same day or within 24 hours.
• If you experience any pain or discomfort, you may take Tylenol or other Acetaminophen-containing products as directed. Cold compresses can be applied to reduce swelling if necessary.
• Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
• Light scabs may form in the treated area and remain for 24 to 48 hours. • Do not pick or scratch treated skin but instead keep it moisturized.
• Avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for at least 24 hours following your treatment.
• Make sure you only use clean linens and towels during the healing process. • Avoid pets and small children having contact with treated skin for the first 12 - 24 hours.
• During the healing phase, be sure to disinfect your cell phone or landline phone with alcohol wipes before use. Try to avoid your treated skin’s contact with the phone by choosing a hands-free option.
After Treatment Care:
• Continue to avoid aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren and other anti-inflammatory medications for 3 days after your procedure (if possible try for 7 days).
• Use a gentle cleanser (i.e. Avene Clean-Ac Cleanser) and tepid water to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours.
• Use a gentle moisturizer as needed.
• Avoid excessive sun exposure, including tanning booths, and wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily of SPF 30 or higher.
• Avoid warm environments (i.e., hot tubs, jacuzzies, steam rooms, hot yoga, saunas, etc.) for 3 days post treatment.
• By day two or three, your skin may feel a bit dry. This is normal and will resolve on its own.
• You may return to your skin care products and makeup when your skin is not irritated, typically 4 -5 days after treatment.
• You will begin to see improvements in the overall texture and tone shortly after your treatment, but the overall effects take up to 3 months, for optimal improvement.
• New collagen formation takes 4-6 weeks to develop; please be patient.
• It is recommended to have a minimum of 3 treatments, 4 weeks apart for maximum benefit.
Contact the Office Immediately at: 407-395-9235 if any of the Following Signs of Infection Occur:
• Drainage – looks like pus
• Increased warmth at or around the treated area
• Fever of 101.5 or greater
• Severe pain that is unresponsive to over-the-counter pain relievers
DAY OF TREATMENT AND POST CARE: